Mechanical engineering is a diverse subject that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts and devices (e.g., micro scale sensors and inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g., spacecraft and machine tools). The role of a mechanical engineer is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. In order to accomplish this, a broad range of skills are needed. The mechanical engineer needs to acquire particular skills and knowledge. He/she needs to understand the forces and the thermal environment that a product, its parts, or its subsystems will encounter; to design them for functionality, aesthetics, and the ability to withstand the forces and the thermal environment they will be subjected to; and to determine the best way to manufacture them and ensure they will operate without failure. Perhaps the one skill that is the mechanical engineer’s exclusive domain is the ability to analyze and design s and systems with motion.
- Mechanical Engineering includes design, manufacture, installation and operation of engines, machines, robotics, heating & cooling systems and manufacturing processes.
- In this profession, you will be responsible for designing and developing machines right from bicycles to supersonic fighter jets and toasters which can be extremely challenging and fulfilling, requiring analytical skills together with an ability to work in a team. You must love machines and be comfortable working with tools!
Lab Facilities Available:Computer Lab
- Basics Computer Skill lab
- Computer Aided Engg Graphics Lab
- Parametric Solid Modeling Lab
- Mechatronics Lab
- C Programming and MAT Lab
- CNC & Cating Simulation Lab
- Basic Workshop Practice
- Mechanical testing & Quality Control lab
- Fluid Power Lab
- Thermal Engg Lab
Department of Mechanical Engg - Teaching Faculty
- Sri Veeranna Hadimani : Lecturer, HOD(In-charge)
- Sri Ramesh Kenchappanavar : Lecturer
- Sri Sangappa Bannannanavar : Lecturer